Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Setbacks & Yearbooks

I took a turn for the worse in recovery. I've had several bad days over the past week which landed me in the seat of the waiting room at the doctors office for an emergency appointment. Grrr.... regardless of the medication I take and the amount of physical therapy I complete, the pain level has been increasing hourly.

This morning, Thursday the 25th, at 9a.m. I had 4 shots of cortisone inserted into the occipital bone, which is pretty much at the base of your skull...



And then two shots inserted into the trapezius muscles...


Pretty much where the physical therapists fists are, is where my shots were... and that needle was seriously forever long,
I was NOT a fan of it.


YES it hurt.

So I needed something to make me laugh after all this bad news when I found this website that you upload a picture of yourself and then put your face in photographs from yearbooks ranging from 1920's to today. Here are a few of my outcomes...

1950:



1954:



1956:


1958:


1966:


1968:


1972:


1974:


1976:


1978:


1984:


1986:


1988:


1990:


1994:


1996:


1998:


2000:



Hope you got a good chuckle...I certainly did!

3 comments:

kelsey said...

I think I like 56 & 66 the best. Although it is hard to beat that sweet afro. Sorry about the mucho pain. I hope you feel better REAL soon!!!

Susan said...

You age beautifully, Amelia!

Carl and Pat said...

Sorry about the pain--kind of wears on your, doesn't it?! The photos were wonderful. You looked great at every age!